|Main god of the Thorwalian pantheon|
Demigod of the pantheon of the Twelvegods
|Aspects||strength, courage, naval battles, adventurous travel, impetuousness, irascibility, Swafskari, personal challenge with the elements|
|Holy animal||whales, especially Sperm Whales, and dolphins|
|Holy colour||blue, white and red|
|Sanctuaries||Swafnirland, Efferd's columns (?)|
|Highest agent||Bridgera Karvsolmfara|
|Holidays||'First Departure' (PER 1)|
Day of Water (EFF 1)
|by courtesy of|
Ulisses Spiele and Uhrwerk Verlag
Since the earliest times, Swafnir is the main god of the Thorwalian pantheon. In the mythology of the Twelvegods, he is regarded as a son of Efferd and Rondra and therefore as a demigod. Swafnir ist the god of seafaring. He has a martial aspect, because of his continous battle against the sea serpent Hranngar, who is reckoned evil impersonate. The sacred animal of Swafnir is the Sperm Whale. They say the god travels the seas of Ethra in the shape of a white Sperm Whale.
The mystical island of Swafnirland in Ifirn's Ocean is of particular importance, because this is the place where Swafnir showed himself to the Thorwalians.
- Thorwal, Olport, Prem
- Bridgera Karvsolmfara, Jurge Swafnirsgrehd, Hjalder Swafnirson
Further Forms of WorshipEdit
- Zwanfir is the god of death of the Gjalskan pantheon, who takes the shape of a pale whale with razor-sharp teeth. Zwanfir's realm of the dead is situated under the sea and is dreaded by the people of Gjalska due to superstition. According to their ideas of the beyond, Zwanfir will have to re-release the dead when the giant Cloudhead chokes him. Then an evergreen peaceful time will begin.
- The Bansumitians of Myranor supposably refer to the God-Whale as Suf'Nu or Bahaphan.
Derived Aventurian TermsEdit
- By Swafnir! - Thorwalian endorsement
- Swafnir's children - whales and dolphins, but also the Thorwalian people
- Swafnirchildren - Thorwalians, who are "blessed" with the Swafskari
- The Dark Eye: Basic Rules page ?